Lithium battery electrolyte is the carrier of ion transmission in the battery. Generally composed of lithium salt and organic solvent. The electrolyte plays a role in conducting ions between the positive and negative electrodes of the lithium battery, ensuring that the lithium ion battery has the advantages of high voltage and high specific energy. Electrolyte is generally prepared from raw materials such as high-purity organic solvents, electrolyte lithium salt and necessary additives in a certain proportion under certain conditions.
Lithium-ion battery electrolytes are divided into two types, one is acid electrolyte and the other is alkaline electrolyte. The former is sulfuric acid and the latter is sodium hydroxide. Both are highly corrosive, and their harm is self-evident.
1. Invasion route: inhalation, ingestion, transdermal absorption. Lithium battery electrolyte is a mild stimulant and anesthetic. Inhalation can cause headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea and breathing difficulties. Liquid or high-concentration vapor is irritating. Oral administration can irritate the gastrointestinal tract.
2. Radiation: The so-called radiation refers to the phenomenon that radio frequency waves are emitted into space due to the high frequency oscillation of the circuit. Radiation of a certain frequency and intensity has an impact on the body.
3. The working environment of lithium ion batteries may contain a lot of harmful elements. Some mercury elements are more common, and there are other lead elements. Exposure to them may cause heavy metal diseases.
4. Electrolyte will appear white corrosive and irritating hydrogen fluoride fumes in humid air. It is easily soluble in water and emits highly toxic and corrosive gas. Decomposes when exposed to alkali.
Lithium-ion battery electrolyte mainly causes poisoning (swallowing), chemical corrosion and mechanical damage to human organs. Be careful when using it, try to avoid direct contact with the skin, avoid getting into the eyes and swallowing, otherwise the consequences will be disastrous. We have seen the power of this kind of thing in the chemistry laboratory. In particular, concentrated sulfuric acid can instantly carbonize organic matter such as cellulose and glucose. Skin cells are also composed of a large number of organic compounds, so once contacted, the consequences must be serious.