Advantages and Disadvantages of LiFePO4 batteries
LiFePO4 battery is one of the Lithium battery, Because the cathode materials of LiFePO4 batteries are mainly compounds of phosphorus, acid, iron and lithium. Generally speaking, the voltage range of LiFePO4 battery is basically between 3.2V-3.6V. Among them, the nominal voltage is 3.2V, and the high-level termination charging voltage is 3.6V. However, the positive and negative materials, electrolytes, and production processes used by various manufacturers are different, so there will be differences in performance.
Let's introduce the advantages and disadvantages of LiFePO4 batteries in detail:
Advantages of LiFePO4 batteries
1. No precious metal elements such as cobalt, the raw materials are easy to obtain and the cost is low;
2. The battery has high temperature resistance, the thermal runaway temperature can reach about 800 degrees, and the safety performance is good;
3. The battery cycle life can reach more than 3500 times, some can even reach 5000 times, and the service life is long;
4. The working voltage of the battery is 3.2-3.4V, which can meet the basic requirements of the vehicle battery;
5. After the service life of the battery expires, there is still 80% of the stored power, and the recycling value is high.
Disadvantages of LiFePO4 batteries
1. Poor low temperature performance, about minus 20 degrees, the battery attenuation will basically reach about 55%;
2. The energy density is low. When it reaches 150wh/kg, the volume/weight of the battery will be relatively large.
3. The battery has a long service life, but the battery pack has a short service life, generally about 500 times;
4. The overall production cost of the battery is high;
5. The battery process performance is unstable and the consistency is poor.